As the world's largest and most established materials information society, ASM connects you to a global network of peers and provides access to trusted materials information through reference content, data and research, education courses and international events; helping you to solve problems and improve materials related outcomes.
To gather, process, and disseminate materials information globally, through education, networking, and professional development for members, organizations served by our members, and the materials community.
To be the leading global resource for materials information.
The society embraces lifelong relationships with members through a virtuous circle of education, experience, and learning under the umbrella of the following core values
- Integrity and transparency in all society operations
- Competent stewardship of society finances
- Exceptional service to society members
- Promotion and support for a diverse and inclusive global community of volunteers
- Continuous improvement via an adaptable and flexible organization